This cobbler is such a crowd pleaser. I've made this before for a family party, and if I can please 20 Indians with a sugar-free/grain-free dessert, you know it's a winner. I also made one for Rachel (my roommate). She couldn't reheat it because our oven is totally jank, but apparently it still tasted heavenly even when served cold!
For this cobbler, I got the ingredients from the Union Square Greenmarket. The blackberries are from Phillips Farm, the egg was from Central Valley Farm, and the honey was from Andrew's Honey.
(Adapted from Everyday Paleo)
3 cups of fresh blackberries
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 enriched egg
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
Cinnamon to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Toss blackberries with 1 tbsp of honey, until evenly coated. This will cut the tartness of the blackberries a little bit.
3) Mix the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of honey with the rest of ingredients to form a sticky crumble. Go a little heavy on the cinnamon if you want; it pairs nicely with the almond meal.
4) Pour blackberries into a baking tray to form one even layer and top with an even layer of the crumble.
5) Place in oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes.