In honor of the end of summer, I thought I would make Almond Coconut Pancakes with Strawberry Butter. Even though they didn't come out very round because I realized after I made the batter that I didn't have a spatula, they were beyond delicious. Honestly, I wanted to whip up another batch right after I devoured the first.
Serve this baby up with a side of pastured nitrate-free bacon, and you've got yourself a well rounded meal. Maybe not, but tevs, summer is over. I might as well indulge while I can.
(From Clean Eating Chelsea)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla
Coconut Oil or fat of your choice
1) Mix all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together (except coconut oil).
2) Heat coconut oil or fat of your choice in a skillet.
3) Pour batter in skillet and flip when bubbles start to form.
4) Cook on the other side until cooked through.
5) Top with strawberry butter and enjoy!
(Adapted from Bon Appetit)
1 10-ounce package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
2 sticks unsweetened butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp grated orange peel
1) Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend.